Positive Response Training & Consultancy is the UK leader in the provision of specialist consultancy and training courses for the prevention and management of challenging behaviour.
Gloucestershire County Council is sponsoring PBS and PBMplus trainer courses for selected care providers in Gloucestershire working with people with learning disabilities who have challenging behaviour. Both courses will enable you to run in-house training for your own staff plus be part of a small team delivering care staff training to other providers in the county. The trainer courses are fully funded by Gloucestershire County Council.
Posted on 21 February 2017 | 3:28 pm
Wiltshire Council is sponsoring a PBMplus train the trainer course for selected care providers working with people with learning disabilities in Wiltshire. This 10 day course enables you to run the Bild accredited PBMplus care staff programme internally for your workforce. March 27-31, April 27-8 and 15-17 May. Please contact us promptly if you are interested in joining the course.
Posted on 15 February 2017 | 3:17 pm
We are planning PBMplus trainer courses in Wiltshire, Nottingham and Manchester to start in March and April. This 10 day course enables you to run the care staff programme internally for your workforce. Please get in touch if you are interested in booking onto the course. See the PBMplus training page for more information.
Posted on 6 January 2017 | 12:25 pm
We have updated our PBS training programme. We now have a new suite of 3 modules from foundation through to advanced level. Module 1 has options for self-study, one day workshop and four day facilitator course. Modules 2 and 3 are both two day courses and will enable you to embed PBS throughout your organisation at all levels. More details are on the PBS training page.
Posted on 14 November 2016 | 10:40 am
Why use us?
Positive Response Training & Consultancy provides evidence-based solutions to the prevention and management of complex challenging behaviours in people with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injury and dementia.
What can we do for you?
We can work with you to develop a whole-organisation approach to Positive Behavioural Support by:
- Setting the scene for change by providing introductory orientation training in PBS and Functional Assessment
- Supporting you to conduct in-depth behavioural assessments and construct person-centred PBS plans via our online programme, PBSpro®
- Providing training in safe, ethical reactive strategies
- Helping you reduce the use of restrictive strategies (restraint, seclusion and as required medication) throughout your service
- Providing consultancy and follow-up support across all of these areas in order to create real change for the people you support
- Helping you evaluate the impact of the services you provide.